25-Minute Lemongrass Tofu + Sesame Aioli Tacos w/ Ginger Lime Asian Slaw
Difficulty: 2/5 (5 being hardest)
Spice Level: 1/3 (3 being spiciest)
Prep & Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
The Challenge: 25-Minute Tofu Tacos
It is recipe #1 for my new 30-Minute March Madness Challenge. Starting a little early, all March I'll be posting simple recipes that you can prep + cook in 30 minutes or less. Yum + Simple!
We kickstart the challenge with some absolutely delicious tacos. One of my go to recipes whenever I want to cook something nice + quick are tacos. What I love about tofu tacos is that they are super quick, but the tofu can capture amazing flavor. These tacos are Asian-influenced and oh so tasty.
We start by marinating the tofu in a lemongrass, cilantro, sesame, and ginger quick sauce. Fry that up in a pan to get it crispy + warm. We then smother it in a deliciously simple ginger lime asian slaw. Then, we finish it off with a decadent sesame cilantro aioli that is to die for. Overall, though, this dish is simple but downright filthy tasty. Your family will think you brought home gourmet tacos.
One tip for making tofu tacos is to get your pan heated up before you put the tofu in so its very warm and can cook off the marinade quickly and get a nice sear on the tofu. I like to put my pan on Medium heat for about five minutes before putting the tofu in the pan.
Let's get into it!
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 tbl liquid aminos
- 1tbl sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbl fresh ginger, minced (1 tsp ground)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbl water
- 2 tbl tahini
- 1/2 tbl apple cider vinegar
- Spices: pinch of salt, pepper, coriander, and chili powder
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbl sesame oil
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Ginger Lime Asian Slaw
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup snap peas, chopped
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- medium tomatillo, diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced (optional, can replace with cabbage)
- corn tortillas
- lime wedges + cilantro (optional)
- 1-2 avocados, sliced (optional)
Equipment You'll Need:
Mixing Bowls . Sharp Chopping Knife . Measuring Cups + Spoons . Cutting Board . Large Frying Pan . Whisk
Before You Cook:
- Wash + chop fresh ingredients
- Drain tofu