30-Minute Vegan Carrot Cake Donuts w/ Cream Cheese Icing + Toasted Pecans
Difficulty: 2/5 (5 being hardest)
Spice Level: 1/3 (3 being spiciest)
Prep & Cook Time: 25 minutes
The Challenge: Carrot Cake Donuts
Donuts baby. Oh yes!
It is time for vegan donuts. So, I don't love sweets. I am not much of a baker. The one sweet treat I do enjoy is a hearty carrot cake. I was looking to turn carrot cake into something a bit more bite size - donuts seemed great.
I created a vegan donut recipe that combines the amazing carrot cake ingredients and then topped it with a delicious dairy-free cream cheese icing. On top of that, we dripped it with toasted pecans.
Damn, these turned out so tasty. The recipe is incredibly easy...only takes 25 minutes...and anyone can make these. An amazing after dinner treat or a delicious breakfast item for you to enjoy as a plant-based eater.
Donuts on Saturday morning...you got it!
Let's get into it.
Carrot Cake Donuts
- 1 + 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cp brown sugar
- 1 + 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted + cooled
- 1.5 chia eggs (1.5 tbl chia meal + 4.5 tbl water)
- 2/3 cup dairy-free milk (almond or cashew preferred, unsweetened)
- 2/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp veganbutter
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Equipment You'll Need:
Mixing Bowls . Donut Pan . Food Processor . Knife . Whisk
Before You Cook:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix chia meal + water for chia eggs, set aside
- Use oil, vegan butter, or vegan shortening on donut pan to grease
- Melt vegan butter for donuts, set aside