Simple Vegan Vegetable + Tofu Red Curry
Difficulty: 2/5 (5 being hardest)
Spice Level: 3/3 (3 being spiciest)
Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes
The Challenge: Red Curry
In an earlier post, we made Vegan Red Curry Paste from scratch. Today, we are going to put that curry paste to work! Making red curry is actually one of the easiest vegan dishes out there to make for weekly meal prep or ahead of time or in a pinch if you have some curry paste ready to go. You can always go store-bought, but I swear to you the flavor will increase 100-fold if you make your own paste.
For red curry, the fun is really in the ingredients you want to use for your dish. In this, we'll featuer some of the favorites like tofu, bamboo shoots, broccoli, and onion. Don't sleep on mixing/matching together your own veggies. Think of curry like a great easy way to clean out all the veggies in your fridge. Others I love are carrots, corn, snap peas, green beans, eggplant, potatoes, and so much more!
This red curry dish is FRIKIN AMAZING. Its depth of flavor is exquisite. Its spicy and flavorful, and it is absolutely DELICIOUS. We use a base of red pepper, onions, and garlic then add in veggies + tofu. We mix in curry spices, curry paste, and a bunch of coconut milk for this bubbly masterpiece of flavor that makes me just salivate thinking about it. I WANT IT NOW.
One thing you need to have is bamboo shoots. They are easy to find canned at most stores or ethnic stores or you can order them online as well. It really makes a curry dish in my opinion! Its not 100% needed, but it is absolutely terrrrific.
This is a really simple and easy dish, so enjoy getting an absolute masterpiece in front of your mouth / family / friends / secret admirers in just minutes!
Let's get into it!
Vegan Red Curry
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets, large diced
- 1 cup bamboo shoots (canned), cut in to smaller pieces
- Spices: 1/2 tbl curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbl smoked paprika, 1 tsp sea salt
- 16 oz tofu, drained, diced into small cubes
- 2 baby bok choys, diced (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup red curry paste from recipe (the recipe makes 1/2 cup, the more you use the redder and more spicy it will be / if you're using store-bought, use 3 tbl)
- 2 handfuls of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 20oz of full fat coconut milk, organic
- Garnish: extra red pepper, limes, fresh cilantro, fresh jalapeno
Equipment You'll Need:
Cutting Board . Sharp Cutting Knife . Measuring Cups . Measuring Spoons . Extra Large Frying Pan . Can Opener . Mixing Spoon . Bowls for Serving
Before You Cook:
- Wash + cut fresh ingredients
- Make vegan curry paste if you have not (takes a couple hours) or buy red curry paste from the store