Sweet Potato + Chipotle Burger Sliders w/ Plantain Tostones + Handmade Guacamole
Difficulty: 3/5 (5 being hardest)
Spice Level: 1/3 (3 being spiciest)
Prep & Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 8 sliders
The Challenge: Sweet Potato Slider Burgers
Sliders are the perfect way to celebrate the 4th of July, am I right? I have been pretty busy lately planning for some big life events!! So, I apologize for the lack of posts, but here we are with a glorious new one.
I wanted to make a brand new sweet potato burger. Sweet potato burgers are one of my favorite types of sandwich, and these ones are mixed in with white beans, chipotle chili powder, and a slew of other yum ingredients.
We bread it with almond meal and then place it between two salty plantain tostones. Plantain tostones are like a bread but made out of green plantains. They are super delicioussss. We also slap on some tangy chipotle mayo as well as handmade guac. Itsss tasty as hell. Yum!
You're going to love this recipe. Its super quick to make. Super delicious. Supppper vegan yum! You'll love it!
Let's get into it.
Sweet Potato Sliders
- 1 medium sweet potato, halved
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 cups white beans, canned, washed, drained
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped small
- 1/3 cup shallots, diced small
- 2 tbl tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Spices: 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Breading: 1/4 cup almond meal + 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 tbl coconut oil, for frying (any oil works)
- 3 large plantains, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 tbl avocado oil
- 1 tsp Old Bay + pinches of pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3-4 radishes, diced
- handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- several pinches of salt
- 2 tbl of adobo sauce from chipotles in adobo + 1 chipotle, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 cup vegan mayo
Equipment You'll Need:
Cutting Board . Sharp Cutting Knife . Measuring Cups . Measuring Spoons . Parchment Paper . Baking Sheet . Castiron Pan . Mixing Bowls . Whisk . Fork + Spoon
Before You Cook:
- Wash and cut all fresh ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400F