Bam! Vegan Chili Cheese Fries w/ Malt Vinegar Aioli + Tempeh Chili
Difficulty: 3/5 (5 being hardest)
Spice Level: 2/3 (3 being spiciest)
Prep & Cook Time: 50 minutes
The Challenge: Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
O. M. G. Chili. Cheese. Fries.
That's right party people. It is time for CHILI CHEESE FRIES VEGAN TIME. Yum Yum Yum.
How the heck are we going to make this? We are taking my meaty chili and smothering it all over oven-baked fries. From there, we drizzle on malt vinegar aioli and use some dairy-free vegan cheese on the top to create that cheesy gooey pull apart cheese fries that are like OMG OMG.
For the fries, we used a medley of potatoes with a blend of creole spices + oil. We bake it to create a crispy edge but make it healthier. From there, we are going to use a tempeh based meaty chili to spread all over those fries. I wanted a really delicious drizzle on it, and I was really digging this creole flavor. I added malt vinegar to an aioli to create a delicious blend of that creole fry flavor and added some tang to the chili + fries. Finally, we sprinkled on some Daiya cheese that melts oh so good.
When I put this in my mouth...it was like Bam! So darn good.
Let's get into it!
- 1 medium russet potato, diced into long thin rectangles (like thick fries)
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into long thin rectangles (like thick fries)
- 1 large red new potato, diced into wedges
- 1 large golden new potato, diced into wedges
- Spices: handful of fresh rosemary (off the stalk), 1 tbl Old Bay seasoning, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
Malt Vinegar Aioli
- 1 tbl malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
Meaty Tempeh Chili
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, diced
- Spices: 1 tbl chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tbl unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp bay leaf powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbl apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- shredded vegan cheddar cheese
Equipment You'll Need:
Mixing Bowls . Sharp Chopping Knife . Measuring Cups + Spoons . Cutting Board . Oven Pan . Silpat or Parchment Paper . Food Processor or High Speed Blender . Large Frying Pan . Spatula
Before You Cook:
- Wash + chop fresh ingredients
- Preheat oven to 450F
ignore this...its some metatag information for Pinterest...